Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: User question: focus tab on 50
From: Rob Schneider-Laura Tully <robslaurat@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 22:21:55 -0400

Greg, Jim, and Eric,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I called Leica NJ this afternoon.  They told me that they also do
not/cannot put a tab on the current 50 Summicron.

Greg,

I already own the current 50, so it's not a question of, "If I
were to buy one, which one has a tab."  If I used a 50 more often
than I do (infrequently), I would look for the previous version
(removable hood, focus tab).  Since I don't use the 50 a lot, but
like to have one in my (small) bag, I actually like the
collapsible hood.  The lens is compact, and I never have to
search for or fiddle around with a clip-on hood if I want to use
a 50 for a few shots.

The current 50 Summicron-M is a superb lens.  But that focusing
tab would be nice.

Rob Schneider