Subject: Re: [Leica] (M) Flash Synchro // WAS: Oh Dang!
From: Rob Schneider-Laura Tully <robslaurat@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 19:09:14 -0400

> Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 20:40:30 +0300
> From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Flash Synchro // WAS: Oh Dang!
>
> Andre Jean QUINTAL wrote:
>
> >         --> Would anyone care to tell us what sort of gizmo
> >         or camera modification it would take to make any
> Leica M
> >         "compatible" with a 1/250th flash synchro ?
> >         Is it feasible or something that would go as "deep"
> >         as requiring an altogether different shutter
> mechanism ???
>
> Maybe Leica should commit some reversed engineering in regard
> to the
> Nikon FM2 shutter? Yes, it's bigger, but hey... no one said
> life was
> going to be easy.
>
> Bernard

Yup,  that's what I want, a Leica M that sounds like trash can
lids clattering in an alley when I trip the shutter!  But, hey,
it would flash sync at 1/250.

Seems like a rather high price to pay for a convenient but not
critical feature for the camera.  What would it take to raise the
sync speed to, say, 1/90 or 1/100?  If it requires more noise,
I'm agin it.

Rob Schneider