Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson paper/ink question
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 11:38:03 -0400

At 07:01 AM 10/5/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I've noticed a number of members use Epson printers to showcase their Leica
>images.  I've just started using a 750, and I was wondering what papers and
>inks (other than Epson) people have had success with.  I'm interested in a
>combination of image quality and archival capability.  In looking around on
>the net I've found Lysonic and MIS inks, and a number of papers.  I have an
>order in for a set of MIS cartidges and some Weber-Valentine 10 mil glossy
>paper, and I'll probably try the new Somerset Photo Enhanced when I can find
>some.  Any other suggestions or tips?
>
>Paul Chefurka

Paul -

I'm still experimenting myself and getting much better results than I ever
imagined.  I haven't tried inks other than Epson yet because I'm waiting
for the upgrade to the 3000 printer that has large ink cartridges that are
easier to refill.  I got a sampler of different papers that included
several kinds of watercolor paper and canvases.  They are wonderful but all
give very different looks.  The best information I've found for different
papers and inks is here:  http://www.tssphoto.com/sp/dg/index.html

If you can stand an e-mail list that has even more traffic than the LUG,
there is a lot of good information on the Epson list.  The address is
epson-inkjet@leben.com

If you get Jon Cole's free profiles and calibrate the monitor the way he
advises, color management is much easier.

Have fun!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com