Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson paper/ink question
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 13:07:56 -0400

Tina,

I'm going to upgrade my printer soon, as well.  Have you compared the
output between the 1200 and the 3000?  Are you satisfied that the 3
color+B&W inks of the 3000 equal the performance of the 4 color+B&W of the
1200.  Any other considerations than the capacity of the ink cartridges?

I have to drive to Washington DC (about 3 hrs) to see this stuff in the
flesh, as it were, but your website tells me that your judgment in what
makes a good print and mine can't be too far apart.

Thanks for any feedback that you can give me.

Chandos

>Paul -
>
>I'm still experimenting myself and getting much better results than I ever
>imagined.  I haven't tried inks other than Epson yet because I'm waiting
>for the upgrade to the 3000 printer that has large ink cartridges that are
>easier to refill.  I got a sampler of different papers that included
>several kinds of watercolor paper and canvases.  They are wonderful but
>all give very different looks.  The best information I've found for
>different papers and inks is here:  http://www.tssphoto.com/sp/dg/index.html
>
>If you can stand an e-mail list that has even more traffic than the LUG,
>there is a lot of good information on the Epson list.  The address is
>epson-inkjet@leben.com
>
>If you get Jon Cole's free profiles and calibrate the monitor the way he
>advises, color management is much easier.
>
>Have fun!
>
>Tina
>

>Tina Manley, ASMP
>http://www.tinamanley.com

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown