Subject: [Leica] Book review: Requiem:By the Photographers Who Died in the Vietnam and Indochina War
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 09:25:40 -0400

I got the bad taste of Bowers Leica Lens Book out of my mouth by buying
'Requiem:By the Photographers Who Died in the Vietnam and Indochina War" , a
photojournalism book that has hundreds of Vietnam War photos, all taken by
photgraphers who dissappeared or died during the conflict.  There are
French, American, and Vietnamese (Norh and South) photographers featured. I
assume that a good chunk of the pictures are Lecia and there are a few good
shots of scruffy looking guys carrying very well used Lecias and Nikons
around.  The images (nearly all b+w) are on the whole quite good and many of
them are heart wrenchingly moving. Only a small fraction of them are famous
Vietnam War photos.  The biographies are also touching, even more so beacuse
all the featured photographers were killed. The pictures are well printed on
good heavy stock.
I woudl heartily reccomend this book.
Jonathan Lee