Subject: RE: [Leica] Book review: Requiem:By the Photographers Who Died in the Vietnam and Indochina War
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 09:51:39 -0000

> I got the bad taste of Bowers Leica Lens Book out of my mouth
> by buying
> 'Requiem:By the Photographers Who Died in the Vietnam and
> Indochina War" , a
> photojournalism book that has hundreds of Vietnam War photos,
> all taken by
> photgraphers who dissappeared or died during the conflict.
> I woudl heartily reccomend this book.
> Jonathan Lee

It is a spectacularly good book - particularly as it showcases the work of
Henri Hueit - whose name I am probably misspelling. I am ashamed to say I
had never even heard of him before, but I have to say that, without a doubt,
I think his work is, along with that of Larry Burrows, far and away the best
in the book: It is really human, humane, combat photography - and just damn
good photography.