Subject: [Leica]Decisions, Decisions
From: "Paul Klingaman" <pklingaman@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 15:09:54 GMT

Well, it's upgrade time, and now I'm faced with a tough decision.  Currently
I've got a 23C enlarger with an Aristo cold light.  I've been looking at V35
enlargers, and dig the idea of auto-focus on an enlarger.  However, I love
that cold light.  So, I was thinking an alternative would be the VC head
made by Aristo to fit my 23C.  They are both in the same price range.
Anyone feel like discussing the merits of each setup?  Is there any way the
V35 can be fitted with a cold light of some sort?  If I went for the V35,
I'd get the vario-contrast module, considering the only color work I do is
slides, and primarily use VC fiber paper.  Regardless, I'll keep the 23C
around to print medium format on occasion.  There is not much info. about
the V35 and its available light sources on the net, so I'd appreciate
anything you all could contribute.

Thanks,
Paul Klingaman