Subject: Re: [Leica] Handheld accuracy: lessons from target shooting
From: "Bill Larsen" <vonohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:48:01 -0700

Anthony Atkielski writes:

|It never occurred to me that I could time my shutter release to occur between
|heartbeats, but it makes sense.  The only thing I wonder is how I could be
aware
|of my pulse to that extent while aiming the camera.

Actually, to do this you need some form of esoteric training (not meant in a
pejorative sense).  What you can immediately control and be aware of is your
breathing.  You take your shot on a gentle exhale.  Also, you need to be aware
of how you are holding the camera ... you need to place your body so that it
is a series of triangles.  The same practice is used when competitively
shooting when you are not using a rest.  You also need to use any brace-rest
position that you can find ... e.g. against a column, building, or whatever.
We have talked about this extensively on the LUG a couple of years ago.

Regards, Bill