Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon rangefinders
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:43:27 -0700

John Smith <pasuno@hotmail.com> writes:

|Also I like to comment in the open that some (a small minority) had very
|negative and abusive comments.  Apparently to these people they think this
|list is their holy grail.  It is unregretable that these people cant stand
|to have a different point of view.
|
|I'll put up with negative comments on a open forum like the list but dont
|send personal email attached with your personal vemon.

I am sorry to read this.  My understanding is that the list was founded and is
intended to discuss the use of mechanical rangefinder cameras and that the
title "Leica Users" was simply used as a description since Leica was the only
viable in-production mechanical rangefinder camera.

Personally, I can no longer handle the volume of BS and snide comments on the
list, so I am shortly going to reset my filters so that the list is dumped
from the server rather than filtered into a file.  Easier than unsubscribing
and I can always reset the filters if the withdrawal is too much.  I'll
probably do the same thing with the Rollei list since it has devolved into a
three way discussion of professional lighting equipment with the participants
being Rabiner, Shell and NYCfotomaker.

Regards, Bill Larsen
ohlen@lightspeed.net