Subject: [Leica] Buying film locally
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 09:05:04 +1000

Doug Richardson
(Thus spake the Ancient Photographer, a Leica in his hand)

Doug you old rascal, you have hit the nail on the head. Carry what you want
to use, and if you can pick up more locally then consider it a good back
up. Even Kodachromes have different feels about them from Europe to
Australia [when we used to make our own -- and the best it was too in my
opinion].

Even if the x-rays degrade the film a tiny bit, they will be better than no
film at all, and so that is why I will always carry my own film even to the
USof A

Alastair Firkin