Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 and DR summicron
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 00:49:34 +1000

- --------------4EC2FEF70F78A6188DA402C1

Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com wrote:

> My 50 DR works great with my M6 in the regular range, although it won't
> mount if the focusing ring is near or at the 1 meter mark. When I attempt to
> mount the eyes, there is a black stopper on the eyes that must be there to
> protect the top plate when the eyes are mounted. It slips perfectly on the
> M4 & laps over the top plate on the lower half near the shutter speed dial,
> but my M6 top plate is just barely higher enough that it does not fit all
> the way, so the closer range does not unlock. The difference in height is
> soooo small, I'm sure there are probably some bodies it will work on & some
> that are not. I would think any TTL body would be too high to accept the
> eyes with the higher top plate. I know it is too high for the Visoflex.

Greg, which Visoflex do you mean? The II  or the III?   The Visioflex III should
fit on even on to the 3mm or so higher M6 TTL body. The III has the straight
viewer. It leaves about a 7.5mm gap on the M3 and M4. I just measured this. So
with a M6TTL it should still have a gap of about 3-4mm.
However, the Visioflex II has the stepped viewer, and this most probably wont
fit.
You can buy and use the straight viewer from the model III with out problems
also on the model II. Then it will fit.

Regards, Horst Schmidt

- --------------4EC2FEF70F78A6188DA402C1

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>My 50 DR works great with my M6 in the regular range,
although it won't
<BR>mount if the focusing ring is near or at the 1 meter mark. When I attempt
<BR>mount the eyes, there is a black stopper on the eyes that must be there
<BR>protect the top plate when the eyes are mounted. It slips perfectly
on the
<BR>M4 &amp; laps over the top plate on the lower half near the shutter
speed dial,
<BR>but my M6 top plate is just barely higher enough that it does not fit
all
<BR>the way, so the closer range does not unlock. The difference in height
is
<BR>soooo small, I'm sure there are probably some bodies it will work on
&amp; some
<BR>that are not. I would think any TTL body would be too high to accept
the
<BR>eyes with the higher top plate. <B>I know it is too high for the Visoflex.</B></BLOCKQUOTE>
Greg, which Visoflex do you mean? The II&nbsp; or the III?&nbsp;&nbsp;
The Visioflex III should fit on even on to the 3mm or so higher M6 TTL
body. The III has the straight viewer. It leaves about a 7.5mm gap on the
M3 and M4. I just measured this. So with a M6TTL it should still have a
gap of about 3-4mm.
<BR>However, the Visioflex II has the stepped viewer, and this most probably
wont fit.
<BR>You can buy and use the straight viewer from the model III with out
problems also on the model II. Then it will fit.

<P>Regards, Horst Schmidt
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>