Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: M6 and DR summicron
From: Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 09:18:12 -0500

My 50 DR works great with my M6 in the regular range, although it won't
mount if the focusing ring is near or at the 1 meter mark. When I attempt to
mount the eyes, there is a black stopper on the eyes that must be there to
protect the top plate when the eyes are mounted. It slips perfectly on the
M4 & laps over the top plate on the lower half near the shutter speed dial,
but my M6 top plate is just barely higher enough that it does not fit all
the way, so the closer range does not unlock. The difference in height is
soooo small, I'm sure there are probably some bodies it will work on & some
that are not. I would think any TTL body would be too high to accept the
eyes with the higher top plate. I know it is too high for the Visoflex.