Subject: Re: [Leica] NE USA - rate data
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 15:40:48 -0400

At 03:16 PM 10/7/99 -0400, you wrote:

>A small company in the northeastern US is interested in using some of
>my slides for some marketing literature.  I would like to retain rights to
>the images -- I'm not interested in a buyout.
>
>Since I haven't worked this way before, I was wondering how this is
>commonly handled.  Does one license a photo for use on a specific
>piece of material, or is it typically "use it as much as you like for
>a period of time", or what?  Can anyone provide some data on fees for
>this sort of job in this region?
>
>--Andrew
>NO ARCHIVE

Andrew -

You sell "one-time non-exclusive rights" for the specific use that they
want.  Fotoquote from Cradoc is software that will give you a range of
fees.  For example, for advertising brochures, photo used 1/4 page inside,
press run under 5,000 the suggested fee is $300.  It goes up for larger
placement, cover, higher press run, etc.  And you can add factors for extra
risk, special equipment, exclusivity, etc.  If you send me the numbers,
I'll look it up for you.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com