Subject: Re: [Leica] M's and R's
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 15:47:12 -0700

jsaravia@zeus.uniandes.edu.co wrote:

> At 08:29 AM 7/10/1999 -0400, you wrote:
> >Dear LUG:
> >
> >I am a dedicated M user but there are times when I need a 19mm lens or a
> >macro lens.  I bought an R8 just for those two lenses.  It's a fine camera
> >but too big for my hands and heavy!  Ted, I don't know how you do it.  As I
> >get older, I want to carry less!  I'm also afraid to carry all of those
> >electronics to some of the places I go.  Yesterday I got in my new R6.2
> >that I ordered from LUG member Rich at PhotoVillage.  It's a wonderful
> >little SLR!  Not much bigger or heavier than the M6.  I'm really looking
> >forward to using it on a job today.
> >

> Tina,
>
> Which  R lenses are you going to use with the R6.2 ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> J.Saravia

I checked out an R6.2 for the first time last week a lot more solid and chunky
and impressive than an FM2. But is it much lighter than an R8? Certainly
substantially heavier than my M6! Why not just get a 15 for the M? If I got the
R6.2 which I find tempting I'd go for the 100 macro and do something the M6
can't do without a Viso. Like a longer Telephoto between 200 and 300mm's. Again
I wish they made a 200 macro.
Mark Rabiner