Subject: Re: [Leica] noct performance
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 13:38:34 -0700

Anthony Atkielski wrote:
><Snip>  It seems very expensive to buy a Noctilux
> and then have to turn around and buy another 50-mm lens for situations that
> don't involve very low light.
>
> How would the Noctilux compare to, say, my AF-S Nikkor 28-70/2.8 zoom?
>
>   -- Anthony

Life is unfair also get the new collapsible 50mm Elmar. (in Chrome)
Anthony you are always pitting fixed lenses against zooms and from where I sit
it's an insult to the fixed lens... not a fair comparison.
The Noct is a monster because it is designed to do specifically what it does.
MAKE VIABLE IMAGES AT F1.
I wasn't designed to be a knock around snap shooter.
Yes you can stop it down. Yes you can use it at high noon. Yes you can stretch
it's use to the non obvious by using it to shoot slow films at lower light
capturing action!
Mark Rabiner!!