Subject: Re: [Leica] M's and R's
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 17:12:40 -0700

Mark Rabiner wrote:
<<<<<Again I wish they made a 200 macro.>>>>>

Hi Mark,

They do! ;)  Get the 100 macro and the 2X apo extender and "you've a 200
macro" that will blow you away! It makes a fine lens combination and I use
it quite often.

And for those folks who'll jump in here with "the extender will degrade the
image!"  "Degrade the image my butt!"  Because, if you haven't used it in
this manner, you do not know what you are talking about! Trust me on a side
by side image "slides" you'd have to put them on a test bench to find any
loss. And even then I doubt you would. You can't tell with the naked eye
nor on the light table with a good loupe or screening them side by each!

So Mark, go for the R6.2 and 100 macro avec 2X apo and you've got it made! :)

Mind blowing images and the 200 makes a great general medium tele lens.

Your welcome. :)

ted

Put it on and shoot the most incredible images you can imagine, done it so
many times I've lost count and use the 100 as  it is and put the apo 2X on
and use it again and tell me you can immediately seee a difference

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant