Subject: Re: [Leica] M's and R's
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 05:06:11 -0700

I can't remember whether it was this list or some other list, but a few
weeks ago there was a round of camera weighings. A Leica M6 with
Summicron-M 50/2 lens and a Nikon FM2n with Nikon 50/1.8E lens weighed in
identically at 720g each, and were within a few mm of each other in size
as well. The body of the M6 is actually a little thicker than the FM2n
except around the prism/mirror box where the FM2n is a bit thicker and
taller.

Leica doesn't make a 15mm lens for the M, but a Voigtlander Heliar
Aspheric 15/4.5 with an M-bayonet adapter goes right on.

Godfrey