Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: HEXAR RF/M7
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 13:44:41 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/99 12:34:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
chris@almqvist.net writes:

<< I wonder what the
 average time-camera-kept-before-exchanged is for the G2 vs the M. Must be a
 ratio of 1 to 100. >>

Most people who buy M's know what they are, what they can and can't do, and
what they want and need, going in.  I suspect that a goodly proportion of the
high G2 attrition rate are "photo-jewelry" folks looking for a
P&S-in-wolf's-clothing that makes them feel and look like they're "real"
photographers.  If the G2 had a "P"ush-here-dummy Mode I wonder if there'd be
as many traded back.  "A"perture-auto is too complicated for many people, who
don't understand the implications of small vs large aperture.

DT