Subject: Re: [Leica] noct performance
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 23:06:37 +0200

From: B. D. Colen <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Sent: Friday, October 08, 1999 12:20

> If you're so wedded to an f2.8 zoom, I would guess you
> don't really need a Noctilux...

Nikon doesn't make zooms any faster than f/2.8.  In cases where I need something
faster, I simply can't use the Nikon at all.

> As someone wiser than I has already suggested, stop trying
> to compare every damn lens on the face of the earth.

An interesting statement on a Leica mailing list!  Sometimes I think that Leica
enthusiasts spend 95% of their time comparing lenses.  I'm relatively
uninterested in comparison.  Of course, on an APS mailing list, I'm sure that
nobody compares lenses at all.

> ...mounted on an F body which I will replace one of these days...

If it works, why would you want to replace it?

  -- Anthony