Subject: RE: [Leica] digital printing - scan negs or prints?
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 17:46:34 +0200

Hello Simon,

I read this page too. For me, it does not worth anything. I, and many others,
did the test to compare print scans vs. neg scans. There is no doubt that the
last method gives better results. It seems obvious that when you scan a print,
you scan the printing process defaults too.

The same guy goes on by saving his pictures in JPEG format and reopening the
file to work on. A lame advice too, of course. Each time you resave a JPEG file,
you corrupt the picture.

This paper belongs to the long list of incompetent crap that can be found on the
Web, IMHO.

All the best,

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)