Subject: [Leica] TMZP3200
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:53:50 +0100

I quite like Kodak's offering's and against all advice to the contrary I've
just gotten some good results with Tmax 3200, processed in a tank using
Paterson's generic FX39 developer, exposed the film at 1600 and dev'd for 16
minutes at 20 deg's.

I've put a sample at the address below

Taken with an R4 and 50/2 on typical grey sky light rain English day.  These
two guys were arguing in the street, over
religion!  One of their supporters firmly clamped a hand over my
lens for taking this, but I think it was worth it, I like the shot.  It's
cropped to about 50% of the neg.  Not
everybody's cup of tea but I love the grain.

http://www.sgurr.freeserve.co.uk

Oh yeah, the bokeh is clearly ghosting on the shop sign in the background,
didnt think Leitz glass was supposed to do that?

Ken Iisaka said:
>Quite possibly.  Then, Leica may remain as the sole manufacturer of 35mm
>silver halide film camera...

I find all this talk of the demise of 35mm film thoroughly depressing.  When
and if that day arrives I think I'll revert to making my own glass negs in a
10x8 plate camera.  Don't see how digital can ever truly equal silver, too
much like using a camcorder for my tastes.

JBH