Subject: RE: [Leica] survival of Leica as a company
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:34:09 -0400

Charlie,
You have a point, but even if you will never buy new Leica gear, the law of
suppply and demand makes the price of the used stuff dependent on the
availability of new gear.  For example, a used non-ASPH 35 f2 now is going
to run under $1K.  If there were no new ASPH 35s, that price would go up
because all the people who wanted to buy the new ASPH 35 now have to buy the
used non-ASPH.  And since the supply is fixed, price is up.  If Leica goes
out of business today, everything Leica made becomes quasi-collectible and
the price will go up.

Jonathan Lee