Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V12 #57
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:13:37 -0700 (PDT)

> Yet the motion picture and advertising industries stayed with film.
> Television studios flirted with video, but most shows on today are shot
> on film.

William,

Sorry to trim your excellent post, but I only wanted to add a followup
to this.

Isn't it ironic that Lucas is working on completely digitalizing the
film business, at least on the distribution end? I'm not even talking
about all the production aspects which have already gone digital. As
far as I know the theater moguls would dearly LOVE to get out of the
business of distributing prints from one theater to the next.

I'm trying to keep an open mind on all this. I love film. I really
do. But if I had to bet I would bet that my film habit will get more
expensive in years to come as film photography becomes a part of an
industry dominated by digital imaging.

Byron.