Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens hood
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:18:46 +1000

Mike Spadafora wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         I am just wondering if the square lens hood for the 35 Summicron
> would work on the 50 Summicron?
>
> Mike

  Mike, if you are talking about the pre-aspheric 35mm lens hood, I  managed
to fit it on to my 50mm Summicron, despite the two locating tabs. However,
its not much use.
Its much to short to be effective for the 50mm focal length.

There was a 35-50mm lens hood to fit both Summicrons, but even this one was
not as good on the 50mm lens, as if it where made for the 50mm lens
exclusively.

One of the best and most cumbersome was the "Barn Door" version.
It was collapsible and looked a bit embarrassing when fitted, but it was
very effective.

Regards, Horst Schmidt