Subject: [Leica] In The Negative - The Guts of a True Photographic Image
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:47:50 EDT

Because the negative is the back-up record of the positive's statement of
reality.
- ---------------------------------------
Dear Colleagues,

My above statement was misinterpreted. I have yet to see a digital postive
image that arrived from any type of printer without someone fooling around
with it. How do we know what the original electronic positive looked like? It
MUST disappear. But in the traditional negative we actually have that first
image. The printer could do anything he or she likes, but the original
negative remains as the basic reference. A digital image has NO reference for
itself. It has NO GUTS!

Best,
Bob Rosen