Subject: Re: [Leica] there out there all right
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:30:46 +1000

- --------------00AEDA3057F50FD54C271F00

Doug McLernon wrote:

> I spent two mornings in the food market in Bologna about three weeks ago and
> cursed myself for loading Provia in the M6  and Velvia in the M4P. Tight
> conditions and constant shadows - even a 21mm was too tight for some of the
> shots -a tripod would have been impossible and I,  most probably, would have
> been asked to leave. I ducked out into the adjoining streets to find enough
> light to finish both rolls ( I know, why not rewind and load 400 - a great
> thought that came to me a lunch time - to late) As I passed a green grocer
> (American - vegetable shop) in bright sunlight the assistant picked up a
> handful of tomatoes and posed theatrically for me - wait he said and help up
> a finger - out came the proprietor who reached out his hand, welcomed me to
> Bologna and told me about his Leicas. Really interesting man - no such luck
> with young woman - unlike the rest of you.
> Regards,
> Doug McLernon
> Dublin, Ireland

  Maybe its because you are not bald, fat and 58 years old.

Regards, Horst Schmidt

- --------------00AEDA3057F50FD54C271F00

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>Doug McLernon wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>I spent two mornings in the food market in Bologna
about three weeks ago and
<BR>cursed myself for loading Provia in the M6&nbsp; and Velvia in the
M4P. Tight
<BR>conditions and constant shadows - even a 21mm was too tight for some
of the
<BR>shots -a tripod would have been impossible and I,&nbsp; most probably,
would have
<BR>been asked to leave. I ducked out into the adjoining streets to find
enough
<BR>light to finish both rolls ( I know, why not rewind and load 400 -
a great
<BR>thought that came to me a lunch time - to late) As I passed a green
grocer
<BR>(American - vegetable shop) in bright sunlight the assistant picked
up a
<BR>handful of tomatoes and posed theatrically for me - wait he said and
help up
<BR>a finger - out came the proprietor who reached out his hand, welcomed
me to
<BR>Bologna and told me about his Leicas. Really interesting man -<B> no
such luck</B>
<BR><B>with young woman - unlike the rest of you.</B>
<BR>Regards,
<BR>Doug McLernon
<BR>Dublin, Ireland</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp; Maybe its because you are not bald, fat and 58 years old.

<P>Regards, Horst Schmidt
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

- --------------00AEDA3057F50FD54C271F00--