Subject: [Leica] there out there all right
From: "Doug McLernon" <dhwsmc@eircom.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:54:41 +0100

I spent two mornings in the food market in Bologna about three weeks ago and
cursed myself for loading Provia in the M6  and Velvia in the M4P. Tight
conditions and constant shadows - even a 21mm was too tight for some of the
shots -a tripod would have been impossible and I,  most probably, would have
been asked to leave. I ducked out into the adjoining streets to find enough
light to finish both rolls ( I know, why not rewind and load 400 - a great
thought that came to me a lunch time - to late) As I passed a green grocer
(American - vegetable shop) in bright sunlight the assistant picked up a
handful of tomatoes and posed theatrically for me - wait he said and help up
a finger - out came the proprietor who reached out his hand, welcomed me to
Bologna and told me about his Leicas. Really interesting man - no such luck
with young woman - unlike the rest of you.
Regards,
Doug McLernon
Dublin, Ireland