Subject: Re: [Leica] How to support Leica?
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 22:12:23 EDT

All this talk comparing a Leica M6 to a Nikon F5 reminds me that in 1986 I
sold a black Leica M4 and 35mm f 2.0 for $750 to buy a used Nikon F3hp and
motor. Yeah, I know it was probably a dumb trade even in those days (though
at the time I really needed the F3 more than the M4). Today the F3 and motor
are worth about $600 in their current condition while black enamel M4 bodies
bring about $3,000 and the lens alone would be worth the $750 I got for the
combo. While it's unlikely that a used M6 will ever be worth $3,000 I think
it's pretty clear that the Leica will hold its value a lot better than the
Nikon.

Bob (what's that Leica used to say about quality being remembered long after
price is forgotten?) McEowen