Subject: Re: [Leica] Question about using the Leica M to R adapter
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:59:44 -0400

At 04:08 PM 10/13/1999 EDT, Dave Schaller wrote:
>    Thanks to all who answered my query.  I should have asked before I
bought
>this thing!  I was hoping that I could use my M ASPH wideangle lenses on the
>R, but that did seem too good to be true.
>    I may be able to pick up a Viso lens head

It doesn't take the Visoflex lens HEAD:  it takes the ENTIRE Visoflex lens
plus, in the case of the earlier ones (4.5/200, early 4/200, early 4.8/280,
early 5/400) an OUBIO adapter ring.

Which version of the 14167?  If it is just a simple metal tuble, it is the
version used since the R3 to the present and is still available new.  If it
is the type with the aperture scale on it, it was intended for the SL and
SL2 and is a bit rare.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!