Subject: Re: [Leica] Question about using the Leica M to R adapter
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 19:34:10 -0400

At 06:52 PM 10/13/1999 -0400, Doug Herr wrote:
>The one with the aperture scale is 14127, not 14167, and was intended for
>the Leicaflex Standard.  It may also be used on the SL and SL2 (ignoring
>the SL2's viewfinder aperture readout), and with exposure compensation may
>be used with any R body.
>
>The 2 versions of 14167 are with or without the nul cam required by many
>R-bodies for correct metering without compensation.  The one without the
>nul cam can be used on the SL and SL2 bodies with no special tricks; the
>one with the nul cam may be used on any R-body except the Leicaflex
>Standard with accurate metering.  With either version of the 14167, the
>Leicaflex Standard's meter will not give accurate results.

Well, in that event there are THREE versions of the 14167:  they did make
one, now excruciatingly rare, which adapted the SL/SL2 lenses to the
aperture scale.  I have seen precisely ONE of these in the past ten years.
They are rare, and are only tangentially mentioned in the literature.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!