Subject: Re: [Leica] How to support Leica?
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 02:39:18 -0400

> My bang for the buck is measured in end results: prints.

<<<Then why are you using 35mm, instead of 8x10?  The latter produces much
better
prints.

  -- Anthony

- ------------------------------

Aha!  You've missed the mark entirely!
Also, "bang for the buck" -
this implies "stuffing the buck to the top"  Or "Filling The Buck"  Or "Buck
to the Brim"  - all of these hinting quite directly to "potency"  How far
can you take the "Buck"!
Well, you gotta pack a bang! in the buck - "bang" is the result of something
breaking through it's confines.  When something "bangs" ..ordinarily..  this
means the shell wasn't really an indicator of the substance that it is
composed of.  A sonic Boom, that's what happens when you push the limits.

The simple statement above is actually the perfect wording to describe what
Leica can output and why one would be more than satisfied with the results.
I sometimes have to stop myself, to pause and take a second look at a recent
slide (now 100VS)
and then it becomes clear.  HOW!  This is without a loupe!  The "bang"
that's available in 35mm photography has exceeded my expectations, to say
the least*.  An 8x10?  Wow.  What a production..and what a surprise.You got
what you paid for, but that's about it. *(prints are not exempt from this,
in case you care to make a point...)
This is a clear statement that those using this leica stuff are using what
is quite simply the biggest bang per buck.
Potent is what the Leica is.  Observers see a little miniluxlooking thing
and call it jewelry. By thinking this they are being laughed at
(potentially) by those who know what that little "click" does and know how
to use it..  And the fun part is that despite all the comments, Leica is
pushing this more, and more and just when it's fine, it gets turned up a
notch.
Sure other factors are applicable, so what.
Leica people may still be a bit nuts, but with too much of a good reason.