Subject: Re: [Leica] Hexar RF
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:49:35 -0400

Erwin-
I have to admit, I think your observations seem really sensible in view of
the many fans of the current RF Leicas, and even earlier LTM cameras. Just
as "Newer" doesn't always translate to "Better", the pre-eminence of the SLR
doesn't preclude a steady and faithful love and use of RF cameras, now or in
the future.
My only desire is that the folks designing these cameras don't try to do it
from an SLR mindset, but rather look at the new breed of cameras as a
continuation of a 'style' or method of seeing that has held its own for all
these years.
Just as painters have their own styles, and methods, so too the
photographers! I know of at least one fellow who, when he painted (He's a
sculptor for the most part!) never used 'rounds' when it came to brushes-
"brights' and 'flats' were all I ever saw him use. This did not mean that
'rounds' didn't have a purpose, but not in his style. I am sure it is the
same with cameras- the 'style' of photography for which the Leica is best
suited may not be for everyone, but  that doesn't negate the validity of a
valuable tool.
I for one am glad that some camera manufacturers are beginning to realize
this fact of life!
Dan