Subject: [Leica] Questions about 19mm Elmarit R
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 20:16:41 +0200

My "new" 19mm Elmarit R (old model) just arrived from Sam Shoshan (great
guy to deal with, BTW). I have noticed two undocumented features on it:

1) There are two aperture click stops beyond f16, and the diaphragm
actually closes down further. So it appears that my lens actually closes
down to f22 or even f32.

2) The minimum focusing distance marked on the lens is 0.5m (20"). But
the lens can actually focus a lot closer than that, down to 20cm or so.

I would like to hear from other owners of this lens if theirs have the
same features.

On another note, mounting this lens on my Leicaflex SL and trying to
focus in dim light really brings home the point about the superiority of
rangefinder focusing in such lighting conditions and with wide angle
lenses.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman