Subject: Re: [Leica] Questions about 19mm Elmarit R
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 18:10:09 -0300

Pascal:

Electronic focus will not help much for dim light because the sensors are
less sensitive than your eyes unless they use an auxillary illuminator that
projects a pattern on the subject which helps with focus.  I can focus my
R8 where my EOS 1n will not if I am not using a flash with the EOS.  The
whole idea of the fast leica optics, with great performance wide open, is
to be able to take a picture without a flash.  Ted Grant's book is a
typical example of this use.  He used M's and R's for it to create his
tremendous images.  Perhaps you should order one from Ted to see what I
mean ;-)

Regards,

Robert