Subject: Re: [Leica] stealing
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 13:54:27 -0700

Tom Finnegan wrote:

> I just recently read the book "on being a photographer" by David Hurn and
> Bill Jay (highly recommended by the way) and I remember seeing that quote.
> After loking it up it was attributed to Calvin Trilling.
>
> "The immature artist imitates; the mature artist steals."
>
> To stay on topic, David Hurn was a long time Leica M user, but now the
> cheapest least frills Canon EOS body. He was finding it too difficult to
> see the 28/35 framelines with his glasses on. Maybe he'll be interested in
> the new Konica.
>
> Tom Finnegan
> Seattle
>
> "One of the lessons you learn is that dogs are very useful in backgrounds!"
>

>   David Hurn
> Who said minor artists copy great artists Steal!?
> Mark Rabiner
>
><Snip>
This is why I like this list because I was pretty sure Jobs would misquote Picasso.
Was it Calvin Trilling who called the corn dog the great American culinary
contribution? Some other Calvin...and a Chili dog.
But you're telling us we should listen to a guy who traded in his M6 for a
Rebel!? Not the highest plug in ones resumé! The lag time on my Mom's Rebel is
around half a minute! Enougth time to blink twice and put in Visine!
I take my glasses off or put them on top of my head!
Mark Rabiner