Subject: Re: [Leica] Old summilux
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:43:30 +0100

A couple of weeks ago Erwin, Lucien and I were discussing descriptions of lens
performance over lunch. Once we get beyond the measurable parameters, the
descriptions will by nature be subjective. I love Johnny's language
below...sharp but organic...We are approaching the level of linguistic
equilibrism used in descriptions of fine wine. NOTE: This is not a criticism,
merely an observation.

Nathan

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> I just produced my first prints with a very battered 35/1.4. The glow is
> stunning. But the lens also has a quality at f8 that is quite remarkable...
> sharp but... organic somehow. Warmth, I would call it.
>
> --
> Johnny Deadman

- --
Nathan Wajsman