Subject: Re: [Leica] Max Berek
From: "R. Saylor" <rlsaylor@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 10:08:09 -0400

sam alexander wrote (in part):

> Well, I, for one, have a historical background that goes all the way
> back to the early 40's! As far as knowing about Max Berek, you might
> just be surprised how many
> of us "scant few" do know about him!

Right on! I'm sure many of us who love these products for the quality
of the images produced know enough about Leitz history to
recognize who Max Berek is. By the way, once you ever see his
picture with that infamous moustache, you'll never forget him, but of
course that's irrelevant to the debt of gratitude we owe him every
time we pick up one of these extraordinary lenses.

Richard