Subject: [Leica] visiting Leica in Germany...questions for those who have been.
From: "Francesco Sanfilippo" <fls@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 20:37:27 -0700

Yvonne and I are already eagerly planning our next photo
trip.  We expect to be taking a 2-4 week trip sometime
between March and May to catch the tail end of the
winter and its natural beauty, and to avoid the summer
crowds.  Our plans are to start in Munich, working our
way through Southern Germany, stopping in Vienna,
then working down through Austria, ending in either
Switzerland or Northern Italy.

Can someone tell me where the Leica factory/HQ is?
Solms or Wetzlar?  Is it feasible to make it a day trip
from Munich or is it across Germany somewhere?  Is it
worth going there?  I was hoping to go for an afternoon
and possibly take a tour, ramble through a gift shop, buy
a few Leica shirts, pick up the new M6 brochure, etc.  Is
this how it works?

How many LUGgers are there in Southern Germany or
Austria?  Maybe we can meet for a coffee or beer and
some photography if I pass through your area!

Francesco Sanfilippo
Webmaster & Network Administrator,
InContact Systems, MentorU.Com
...and Leica M6 photographer!