Subject: [Leica] using my M6HM
From: "Francesco Sanfilippo" <fls@san.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:00:12 -0700

Hi all......

I have not been making photographs as much as I used to.
As you know, I used to do glamour photography for a living
before I got this new position as Internet Developer.  Now
I barely have time to go out shooting even on weekends.
When I do go out, I can sense the lack of practice and I
can see it in my results.  I shot a few rolls at the local
street fair 2 weekends ago, and this past weekend I shot
some rolls at a sidewalk painting charity event AND a
local Oktoberfest event.

I have been shooting exclusively with an M6HM and a 35/2 ASPH
and I am finding too much fluff and garbage around the edges of
my negatives.  Feet, arms, halves of other bodies, halves of trees,
pieces of trash on the ground, you get the idea.......
Essentially I am wondering if the problem is with me not scoping out
the frame completely enough or not moving in tight enough?  Should
I move to a 50/2 lens as my one, single lens?  Is it easier to quickly
study the frame with the 50 since the frame window is smaller and
centrally located?

Francesco Sanfilippo
francesco@incsystems.com
Webmaster & Network Administrator,