Subject: Re: [Leica] Devils advocate
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 02:15:53 +0200

From: Dave Richards <dprichards@uswest.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 1999 23:54

> I frequently load my M6 while it is hanging from
> the strap around my neck while I am walking.

I was going to try that, but where do you put the base plate during the process?

Thus far I have always seated myself to load film.  I balance the camera
backwards and upside-down on my leg (with the strap around my neck, just in
case), and balance the baseplate and film cans on the other leg.

One thing I've found is that loading is difficult if the film has any bends in
the leader.  It does _not_ slide into place on its own, and I have to jiggle and
play with it to prevent it from hanging on the film guides.  If I don't do this,
the film won't load.  If the leader is smooth and bend-free, the camera loads
perfectly.

> After loading a few rolls of film I decided that
> less troublesome than a F3.

Try an F5.

  -- Anthony