Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V12 #76
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:05:59 +0200

From: S London <srlondon@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 1999 19:06

> It is my hope that, as you say, Leica will find
> a way to improve the M6 in ways other than adding
> a built-in motor drive or AF.

It is my hope that Leica will simply learn to market the M6 as it already is
today.

> I hope that they are willing to admit that the mechanical
> RF is a dead end from the design perspective.

You seem to imply that the RF is overlooking some major technological change in
film photography.  Film photography has been essentially the same for nearly a
century now; I don't see any dramatic changes on the horizon.  Given this,
what's wrong with just keeping the same design?

When was the last time you saw an updated design of a pencil, a screwdriver, or
a fork?

  -- Anthony