Subject: RE: [Leica] APO-COMPONON was Enlarging lens recommendation
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:56:23 -0400

The 150/4 and 90/4.5 APO-COMPONON are abolutely awesome lenses.  Both are
crisp like razor blades.  I  got them both used for $900 cdn (about $600 US)
at Alt in Toronto.  At two stops down, the 150/4 is to other 4X5 lenses
(135-150)what the 50 Summicron is to other normals. The only problem I had
with the 150 was mounting it into my D2 lens disk, which was too thick (or
the lens threads are too thin, depending on how you want to count it).

I also like the way you can pre-set the aperture so that one turn opens it
up to full for focusing and another turn brings it right back to preset f
stop.

The other nice thing about both APO-COMPONONs is that they are whopping big
pieces of glass (the 150 especially!)which makes them truly wonderful
to...Oh, you know what I mean! :-)

I have a 50/2.8 El-Nikkor (in rotating plastic mount), which I've never
complained about but never seemed like an outsnding perfomer either.

Jonathan Lee