Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V12 #76
From: Dave Richards <dprichards@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:12:57 -0600

>It is my hope that, as you say, Leica will find a way to improve the M6 in
>ways other than adding a built-in motor drive or AF.  These features are
>simply not part of the Leica RF experience as I appreciate it.

Anyone who wants to see what will happen to the M-series should Leica be
foolish enough to try to dress it up with non-essential glitz such as a
motor and AF need look no further than Nikon.  Compare the N90 with the
FM2.  All that automation comes with a heavy price, with the emphasis on
'heavy'.  Weight and bulk take their toll on the photographer without doing
much to alter or improve the reason for the camera, to take a picture.  And
if you find yourself in the back of beyond and your batteries die or you
fry a circuit, forget about even that.

Dave