Subject: Re: [Leica] Selftimer in M6 TTL
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 01:57:47 EDT

At the time the M4-2 was introduced, Leitz stated that the self-timer was
eliminated to allow the use of the motor winder.  Absolute hogwash!  It was
eliminated to save a few bucks.  Same reason the M6 frame counter were for a
time made out of plastic.  They seem to be made out of metal again in the TTL.
I have in my collection an M4-P with self timer.  I asked Walter Kluck
(manager of ELCAN Midland) and father of the M4-2, M4-P and M6 about this
camera and he stated that ELCAN made a few with self timers.  Rheinhold
Muller has confirmed this.
Unfortunately, the M6 battery compartment occupies this space.

Bill Rosauer