Subject: [Leica] A perfect Leica day
From: Jegerken@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:50:29 EDT

Luggites-

I had to share today's events, I'm sure you can relate.  The day started with
the arrival of my copy of Ted's book.  What a tribute to those dedicated to
healing, a fascinating history and a fine collections of available light
photography, all in one great piece of work.

It was the fine crisp autumn morning and for which I had been waiting. We
needed a new exterior shot of our plant for some sales literature -- bright
sky, the maples bright red and gold.  My M3 and two rolls of Velvia should
get me what we need.

It was too nice to go back to a desk so I decided to play hooky and go see
the new Weston show at the Cleveland Museum of Art, I'm guessing about 120
prints, mostly from the collection of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.  Very
inspirational and exciting to trace the emergence of modernism in his
development as an artist. I was a little disappointed in the presentation. I
would have preferred a bit more light and being 5'' 6", I found many of the
prints hung a bit too high.

Sufficiently inspired, I loaded up with 400 TMax and shot a couple of rolls
of ancient statues from Greece and India in the classical galleries and
contemporary ones out in the sculpture garden.

A grande skim latte triple shot and I was back to the darkroom and the negs
look good.

Regards,

Jim Gerken