Subject: [Leica] Minilux
From: "Doug McLernon" <dhwsmc@eircom.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:35:46 +0100

Hi,
Robert White are first class and they mean well with their suggestion. I
have both  a GR1 and a Minilux. The two lenses (28mm and 40mm) make good
companions for travel. The GR1 is about half the size of the Leica and
really does fit into a pocket. I traded a Contax T2 for the Minlux as I have
several M series cameras and like the "Leica look". In a way, I'm sorry I
did that. The Minilux is very fiddley to set EV plus and minus (to get minus
on half requires holding down a button for two seconds and then pressing it
six more times - at least the setting stays with the camera until you change
it) setting the mode only stays until the camera is turned off (or turns
itself off) and it then reverts to the autoflash on mode. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Doug McLernon
Dublin, Ireland