Subject: Re: [Leica] Q&A Time: Comments on the 250mm f/4 Telyt Wanted
From: MSwiek@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:44:04 EDT

Hi,

I used the older version of this lens for several years doing photos of my
kids' soccer games.  It is a very nice lens optically, with excellent control
of flare (I shot directly into late afternoon sun with nice results).  It has
a nice smooth rendition of out of focus areas and is more than acceptably
sharp.  The helical focusing was a bit slow for rapid action sports, and I
replaced the lens with a 400mm 6.8 Telyt, for the faster focusing and a bit
more reach.  The $300 price is VERY good for a mint lens.  I sold mine in
mint- condition for $475.

Mike Swiek