Subject: Re: [Leica] Rolex/Leica
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:07:34 EDT

In a message dated 10/21/99 6:36:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk writes:

<< My Rolex soldiers on, gaining a minute or two per month and I expect it
will
 outlast me.  It does not require batteries and has never been serviced. >>

I have 2 Rolexes, one a two-tone oyster about 15 years old with the acrylic
crystal and the other a Submariner about 10 years old with the sapphire
crystal.  The older watch has never been serviced and continues to run
superbly, it will run for about 3-4 days sitting on a desk.  The newer watch
has stopped dead and required overhaul twice so far, and will run only 1-1
1/2 days if not worn.  The Rolex technician (someone with former factory
training comparable to Sherry or Don Goldberg) told me that Rolex made
significant changes to their movements a number of years ago and the newer
ones are not as good.  Sound familiar?

DT