Subject: RE: [Leica] Cropping crutches
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 00:29:44 +0200

Very good rule :-).

It seems there is a confusion about this black frame HCB introduced or at least
promotes. If I remember well, it did not mean "I did not crop this picture" but
"I don't want that newspapers editors crop this picture without my agreement".
What HCB wanted is that photographers got a moral right on their pictures as
writers had, for example. He just chose for himself not to crop his pictures as
he decided that color was uninteresting. Would you throw away your Kodachromes
for that?

All the best,

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)