Subject: Re: [Leica] Cropping crutches
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:47:30 -0700

Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/21/99 10:21:13 PM, michaeljohnston@ameritech.net writes:
>
> >B. D.: >>>Cropping isn't for street shooting. Cropping is for people who
> >forget to
> >frame properly, which is to say it's basically a crutch....(and that
> >doesn't
> >mean it's not a crutch I don't use once and a while ;-) )
> >

> Oh, so every photo MUST conform to the  2x3 format? I guess I skipped that
> day in design class . . .
>
> Bob (go ahead and crop) McEowen

If I don't have it and I have to raise the enlarger up to get it; I very often
leave the blades on the Saunders easel the way the were. Continuity is nice! I'm
lazy! Hate to have to put them back where they were again to get my black
borders. And I love that darn 2x3 format!
I have a print with equal half inch borders on all sides this Month and I wished
I had given them a full inch instead.
My Images is usually 6x9inches with only leaves a have an inch on the top and
bottom but a full inch on the long sides with let them breath enough. Isn't that
interesting! Don't be up all night tossing and turning about that one!!
Mark Rabiner